Subtle changes in your ability to hear sounds can be difficult to recognize because of how slowly hearing loss usually advances. Although children are regularly tested, the majority of adults don’t even consider scheduling a hearing exam like they would their vision. So why would your hearing be any less relevant than your eyesight?
Here are 6 reasons to get your hearing examined on a regular basis:
- Spotting the Signs: Potential hearing issues can be revealed by everyday situations. Do you regularly need people to repeat what they said? Do you have a difficult time hearing in noisy environments? Are you continually cranking the volume on your TV up? It’s time for you to get a hearing test if you said yes to most of these questions.
- Following Guidelines: The American Speech-Language-Hearing Association recommends hearing screenings every decade until age 50, and every three years after that.
- Family History Matters: If other family members have hearing loss, this is a good reason to schedule a hearing exam with us.
- Establishing a Baseline: We will utilize baselines, which will give a frame of reference for further comparison to monitor changes to your hearing over time.
- Early Diagnosis and Treatment: Routine hearing exams can identify issues early on, like earwax buildup or noise-related hearing loss, allowing for quick treatment and preventing further damage.
- Diagnose Medical Conditions: Root medical conditions, including kidney disease, cardiovascular disease, or high blood pressure can sometimes be indicated by hearing loss. Treating these conditions might improve your hearing.
Your physical safety, emotional well-being, and social life are some of the far-reaching consequences of untreated hearing loss. Hearing aids can significantly improve your hearing and total quality of life, permitting you to fully engage in conversations, enjoy social gatherings, and remain alert to important sounds in your environment.
Don’t miss out on the sound of a loved one’s voice, the laughter of a grandchild, or an important work meeting.
Make an appointment for a hearing exam with us right away to protect your hearing health and rediscover the sounds that enrich your life.