What to Expect When You are Fit With New Hearing Aids
There is no need to prepare prior to your fitting appointment. When your new devices arrive in our clinic, we will call you and schedule an appointment for the fitting.
- The appointment is generally about 60 minutes long.
- Our audiologists will make sure the devices fit correctly, are comfortable, are functioning correctly, and are programmed to your hearing loss.
- Our audiologists will also make sure the hearing aids connect to your cell phone, and counsel you on the use of this feature should you choose that option .
- As you utilize your new devices, your brain will begin to adjust to the improved sound quality and access to sound they provide. Some sounds may seem “new” if they haven’t been heard in a while. With consistent use and follow-up care, you should adapt to better hearing quickly .
- We’ll review how to put the hearing aids in, take them out and how to care for them over time .
- After the initial fitting we’ll schedule your first follow-up appointment, generally within 10-14 days .
- After the appointment we encourage you to wear your hearing aids as much as possible and in as many situations as possible to facilitate acceptance and gather information .
- Take notes on what’s going well and what needs possible adjusting and we’ll review at your first follow-up appointment .